The first thing you need to know is if you will charge a flat fee to your customers or if the charged amount depends on usage. For example, if your product is an API, you probably need to track usage.
In case you need to track usage, learn how to create a Meter 🌡️ first
- Log into your account and navigate to products
- Click "Create Product" on your top-right
You'll see the following screen on your right.
Let's setup the basic information:
- Meter: a product is related to a meter, so you can charge usage-based if you want to.
- Add a new pricing model.
Price logics are the way that each pricing computes the amount owed by subscribed customers. A pricing can have 1 or more price logics and the final price will be the sum of each of them.
There are 5 types of price logics availables for plans
If you're not familiar with this types we strongly recommend to check out our price logics guide.
Once you're ready,
- Select the type of price logic
- If it is based on usage, the product meter will be used. Then choose if you want the actual period information or the historic information. Otherwise just type in the price.
- If it is based on tiers, complete the table with each tier limits and price
- That's it!
You can now click on "Create Product" if you're ready or click on "Add Price Logic" and repeat steps 1-4 until you're ready.
Once a plan is created, you will be able to copy it's version id and you're all set to start subscribing your customers to it.
Updated 2 months ago